Thursday, March 1, 2012

Believe In Yourself Card

My friend Crystal inspires me - she is a single mom to three small boys, running a dayhome to make ends meet, dealing with complex "ex" issues...and does it all with grace.

She just won 2nd place in a local contest to get a bedroom makeover, and I wanted to send her a card to let her know how much I think of her.

I chose my CTMH "Bliss" paper. I love how the creams and greys mix- not what would have thought to do - with a touch of barely there green.

I have a card pack from Michael's where eavh card measures 5.5" x 4". I cut a lovely chocolate brown patterned paper at 5.25" x 3.75", then Gina K. Ivory at 5" x 3.5".


You MUST use good paper with Copics and Spectrum Noir Markers. Gina K. Is THE BEST I have used - and I have tried probably about a dozen different brands. It is also very economical!

I chose really light Copics. I wanted to stay with the subtleties of the paper. I then used my Spellbinders to cut AND emboss...and Tim Hotz Distress pad to shade in that barely-there green.

Distress Inks ARE alcohol marker friendly. They won't smudge your work at all!

I don't usually do anything on the inside of the card, but this time I added the sentiment to the inside. I also layered some cardstock and stamped the brown butterfly.
Here is the finished product - added some double stitched ribbon!
NOW YOU DO IT!

No comments:




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP