Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Birthday Card I



My sweet, amazing father-in-law turns 87 this week. He is a proud Irishman and we are celebrating his birthday on St. Patrick's Day! We, hs extended family, have rented out a community hall to accomodate his 5 children, their 5 spouses, his 19 grandchildren, 14 grandchildren-in-love, 10 great grandchildren and 2 more on the way! Phew! And yep, the math took me a minute.

This totals 55 plus the man himself!

I made two fun cards, one will be from my husband (the youngest and best of the children) and myself, the second will be from our two youngest children (grandchidren 18 and 19!)

I will feature the first card on this blog post!

I used "Simply Charmed" and cut the leprechaun at 3.5". The shamrocks are from "Spring Holiday Cards" and are cut at 1.5", 2" and 2.5".

I cut the "coil" from a flower from "Art Philosophy" since I am eagerly anticipating my Papertrey Ink die to arrive...

The card is a clear card from CTMH. I printed the leprechaun hair and face on white aper on my Imagine, and pribted his other layers using my stock colours. I then used my AMAZING Spectrum Noir pens to colour his skin and hair.

Sadly his eyebrows were lost in cutting. Poor fella.





NOW YOU DO IT!

No comments:




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP