Saturday, March 14, 2015

Stampin Up Blendabilities

First of all let me say a big fat OOPS that I have forgotten to post my Youtube videos to this Blog. I actually did some crafting before Christmas and forgot to add the links here. I will hopefully do that soon.

In the meantime.

I have purchased the full set of Stampin Up Blendabilities. I LOVE colouring. I LOVE Copics. So I thought I would give these a try.

I was impressed with the price point compared to Copics, as well as the nibs. I love the paintbrush nib, of course, it's like Copics. But I really wanted the smaller nib as well. That was primary reason for getting these markers.

I also appreciate how they have three colours to blend in however you choose, and the lifter.

Here are my observations:

1.) The Nibs are great. Both.

2.) The colours are luscious. I do, however, wish there was more variety in the yellow department, the only yellow, Daffodil Delight, is quite muddy for me.

3.) Here's the downside. The colours to NOT MATCH THE LIDS. AT ALL. And since I am a CTMH gal, not a Stampin Up gal, I'm not as familiar with what the colours 'should' look like paper wise, so I had no idea they were not like their pen lids. At all. Did I mention that? AT ALL. So this makes it VERY difficult to choose what colours to use, if, like me, you choose your PAPER first, then try to coordinate with the paper.

Here is an example:

Same stamped image, using Stampin Up Whisper White. On one image is the Blendabilities Rich Razzlberries, the other is an assortment of Copics as close as I could get. I wanted to match the CTMH Brushed Paper in the background. 

 I'm really sorry to say, but this is a really poor quality of these markers. I've also noticed they don't blend as well as Copics. However, I don't mind that as much as I mind the fact that these colours do NOT line up! You will notice how PURPLE the image looks with the Blendabilities, compared to the lid colour. Notice below, with the Copics, how the lid colours match exactly what was coloured. I coloured and blended the same way with both, and used the brand lifter with both. 

Somewhat disappointed. 




PS I used a Micron to doodle on the designs. 
PPS Yes, I will colour the flowers!




NOW YOU DO IT!

No comments:




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP