Saturday, April 7, 2012

For My Sweet Daughter...

My amazing step daughter is inspiring to me. She works crazy hours, she's also in university, and just moved out on her own with roommates. I'm SO proud of her. She's also suffered some loss in her life and just keeps her chin up...always positive, and always thinking of others. (To her detriment.)

Another reason she inspires me is how much she loves my children...her little sister and brother. She was 16 when my daughter was born, and 18 when her little brother came around. She has loved them unconditionally even though she didn't ask for them (or me!) to be in her life! They ADORE her!

She's been a bit blue lately, Gee, really?? Stress from university, working, and just being a gorgeous 22 year old will do that to you. 

I love you so much, sweetheart. This one is for you. I cried when I read the sentiment. 



Now for the details...

Sadly, I KILLED MY CUTTLEBUG today while trying to make the doily! Yes, it's a sad day. But my DH took me to the local scrapbooking store and bought me the new Spellbinders GRAND CALIBUR!!! What an upgrade! WAHOOO!!!!

Apparently it won't work with Sizzix dies - they're too fat. But I only use Spellbinders dies and Cuttlebug folders for embossing. Easy peasy. 

SO......the doily is from Cheery Lynn, the labels are from Spellbinders, as is the flower. Darnit - I'm going to have to REALLY work hard to remember to put the dies in edge UP - not edge DOWN like my Cuttlebug...

The papers (except the kraft) are from Stella CTMH. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this medley. Stunning. The beautiful striped ribbon is also a CTMH gem! I sewed on a Gina K button with some twin, and DONE!! Of course I inked the edges. 

ENJOY. 

NOW YOU DO IT!!

No comments:




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP