Friday, July 22, 2011

Fun Fishing Layout

I've really been in the mood to colour with my Copics lately...and I chose inspiration for this layout from the "Beary Best" stamp set (C1363) from CTMH. I rifled through my paper packs - which are numerous (shhhhh!) and picked the "Back Country" pack. I then used my Copics and coloured the bears to match up with the paper. That's what I love about Copics - they can match and blend to any colour - complete perfection!


I set the bears on the background paper while colouring to ensure I blended properly and got the desired colour. These bears are SO cute and I decided to give them little pink tummies. I cut them out using circles from Spellbinders Nestabilities and embossed them as well.

I used CTMH's "Cherish" to decide on a layout. I don't always use the books for ideas, but sometimes when I have been so busy making cards (oops!) I need some help getting back in scrapbooking mode. That is when I grab a paper pack, grab a book for layouts, and go to work. 

I distressed and inked the edges of the background paper. As a result of how good it looked, I decided to put the papers a little further in the border - to show off the distressed edges. I also found some unmarked ribbon in my stash that matched PERFECTLY!

I used my Scrap'N Easel to place things how I liked....
I was somewhat concerned about the black and white picture of my little fella - that it was a little too 'cool' for such a 'warm' layout. I pulled out my Tim Holz distressing inks and made it a little warmer, a little more sepia. 
I used two more fantastic stamp sets to add embellishments - D1468 - "On This Day" and W329 "Dream Big"...really cute little sets. I embedded them in the layout like tickets. FUN!


I added the bears, some more ribbon and we are done!

NOW YOU DO IT!

No comments:




  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP